Cookies & How They Benefit You
COOKIES AND HOW THEY BENEFIT YOU
Our cookies help us:
- Make sure our website works as you’d expect and provide information on broken links
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site by remembering your preferences
- Allow you to share pages with social networks including Facebook
- Personalise our site to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you by understanding which pages people visit, how long they browse for etc.
- Make our marketing more efficient and appropriate, ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Track your browsing activity on other websites
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Providing access to secure areas of our website including the shopping basket facility and secure checkout
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings, user name, shopping basket and location to provide a more personal shopping experience.
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Showing you which products you have recently viewed
- Tailoring content and adverts to your interests
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
- Monitoring broken pages or links which visitors may encounter
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily ‘Like’ or share our content on Facebook and Twitter where we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on sharing content will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here ). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software .
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool .